May 10, 2012

Emilie



We brought our sweet Emilie into the world on Thursday May 3rd. She has been a very good baby and just likes to do what babies do best: eat, sleep, and poop.

She weighed 7 lbs 4 oz 20 inches long. I thought since I didn't gain as much weight as I did with my other two she would be around 6 lbs.

I ended up with a C-section. She was never head down but transverse and then the last week, breech (bum first). They even checked on last time on Thursday to see. I was so hoping she would be head down so I could avoid a C-section.
We had family praying and fasting that she would turn. Finally at my last appointment when the Doctor said she was breech I just told myself that maybe she needed to come via C-section, maybe she knows something we don't.
We had the option of having the Doctor try and turn the baby, but I never felt right about that from the get-go.
So we just opted to have the C-section minus the external version.

I hate being poked with needles and I got tons of them in the hospital. The spinal block was a little rough to get. The Operating room was so cold I was shaking just from that. Once they got me all prepped they brought Matthew in. I was very happy to have him on there with me.

I could feel the "tugging and pulling" they warned me about and even felt being cut open on the right side, not that it hurt but I could feel something happening! I didn't like it. I didn't like not being able to feel of move my feet and having my arms tied down. I kinda panicked and had a hard time breathing.

The following day the Doctor came to check on me. She told us that she didn't say anything during delivery because she could tell I was panicky, but the baby's cord was wrapped around her neck 2 times and that we made the right choice in not having her turned. So glad for being in tune with the spirit.  

That day they had me get up to walk. The pain was really bad. For some reason my right side hurt the most and still to this day it is very sensitive. I feel like all my organs are settling back into place or something. My incision doesn't hurt, but some of my organs are hurting. Weird.

The hospital I delivered at was great. Everyone was great.

Everyday is getting better, but I still feel some pain and discomfort.  I am feeling much better than I was a week ago so that's a good sign.







2 comments:

deargoodness said...

she is beautiful, and I love how you spell her name-it is very cute. I'm so glad everything went well and you were able to make the right decision without knowing why! I hope you keep recovering well, I wish I could have Hannah and Ben play with my boys so you could have some more rest.

Marylois said...

She is a beautiful baby as are both of your other babies. I'm so glad you were listening to that still small voice. I am so looking forward to coming out to help when Matthew heads back to work. Emma is looking forward to coming too.