April 23, 2010

The Total Money Makeover

I was introduced to Dave Ramsey's books through a couple of ways: Blogs, billboard ad's, and from a co-worker of Matt's. He has helped thousands of people get out of debt through his Total Money Makeover.

I am still reading this book but what I have read so far has been great! This nice thing is for us we are already debt free (mind the house) but I still like reading what Dave has to say about saving, going without credit cards, paying off your house and car loans early. If we go into debt we usually end up owing ourselves money back. I'd rather owe myself than some selfish lender.

Debt scares me! I hate it. I have seen too many people trapped by it. Giving their money away to greedy banks. Paying far more than what the item they bought is even worth. Going without for a while while you save is the best way to do it! We have done this as a family. We have put LOTS of things off waiting until we have the money to do. We are not perfect we need to do better ourselves at little things. This book is a great motivational reading!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Hooray for debt free! The peace of mind is so worth it and saving up for something is so much more satisfying than having now and paying more for it in the end. Now if we could just pay off the house...wouldn't that be a nice feeling!

Shannon said...

Good for you guys in having no debt. That is really huge in this society! It's kind of reassuring to know that things could be so much worse isn't it? I don't like debt either. :)

Marylois said...

We read this book for our book club last year. It is great. It goes hand in hand with the booklet put out by the Church called One For the Money.