November 18, 2009

Bored Stiff


We are bored. Winter is practically here. Any suggestions on how to keep my almost 3 year old happy and entertained? Movies aren't cutting it, coloring lasts a few minutes. Boo.

4 comments:

Leisa said...

I'm having the same problem with my 18 month old. I'll let you know if i find anything that works

deargoodness said...

We made playdough yesterday and James seriously played with it for 5 hours. It was the best EVER! This is probably because he hasn't played with playdough in about 3 months, so he was way excited.
I've been letting James help me cook a lot lately, and that is fun-plus he eats his food better if he helped make it.
You could check out your library and see what kinds of storytimes they have--we love to go to the preschool storytime once a week.
We paint a lot, do lots of crafts from 'no time for flashcards' and 'crafty crow', read a lot, and such.
James loves baths so I let him take a bath just about every day and he plays in the tub for about an hour. It's pretty great.
We have a toddler computer game that James likes to play, so sometimes he does that for 1/2 an hour or so.
James likes to play with dominos and older board games, so I let him play with Clue or Monopoly because he won't eat the pieces anymore :)
Hopefully this list helps a little, I totally understand the boredom thing. It happens to us all the time too! What works one day just isn't fun the next, so hopefully you get a break soon!

Unknown said...

Leisa, i wished you lived closer. And Kaite! wow thanks for all the advise!

Marylois said...

You could make fun shaped bread sticks or sugar cookies and then eat them. Big duplos or building blocks are helpful. I'll keep thinking.